Salmon River Raft Trip Planning Info
Use this handy list for your Salmon River raft trip planning:
- Call Silver Cloud to choose your Salmon River rafting vacation dates.
- Send Silver Cloud a $500 per person deposit to secure your seats.
- Download Trip Planning Info Packet
- We highly recommend you purchase Trip Insurance
- Make lodging reservations in Salmon for the night(s) prior to the trip at the Stagecoach Inn at (208) 756-2919. If they are full, choose the Salmon River Motel at (208) 756-8880.
- Make lodging reservations in Boise, Salmon or McCall for the evening(s) after the trip as needed.
- Make your local air charter flight reservations as needed. Check Trip Planning Info Packet for your itinerary. Most of our guests fly in and out of Boise Idaho and need charter flights both before and after their raft trip. Some of our guests drive to McCall or Salmon, Idaho and need charter flights before or after their raft trip. When you contact an air charter company, be sure to tell them that you are a Silver Cloud Expeditions raft trip guest. Sawtooth Flying Service: (208) 342-7888; or Gem Air: (208) 756-7382; firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Salmon to McCall Itinerary: Arrange for your vehicle shuttle: if needed (see Trip Logistics sheet) well in advance of your trip so they can schedule a driver and you can work out any auto insurance issues. Some of our guests drive to Salmon, and need a vehicle shuttled to McCall. We recommend Blackadar Boating at (208) 940-1101. Bring two sets of keys on your trip– one for the shuttle company, and one that stays with you.
- Send Assumption of Risk and Medical Questionnaire Forms to Silver Cloud Expeditions. Fill out one Medical Form and one Risk Form for each party member.
- Send Silver Cloud your pre-trip and post-trip travel itinerary so we know your plans.
- Send balance payment in the form of a personal check, cashier’s check, or check drawn on your charge account (a good way to get those miles) to Silver Cloud Expeditions 60 days prior to trip departure date.
- Purchase an Idaho fishing license here. Or call Idaho Fish and Game at 1-800-554-8685, and use your credit card. They will ask you for specific dates you want to fish, so have them handy before you call. For summer rafting trips we recommend that you purchase a license for the middle 3 or 4 days of your trip. Allow four weeks to receive your license.
- Check Gear List when packing. Consider printing one gear list page for each participant, and fulfill the list for each person.
- Arrive in Salmon by 7 pm the night before your trip begins for the pre-trip orientation meeting at the Stagecoach Inn.
Bring cash for incidentals.
Salmon River Raft Trip Planning – costs not included in your fare:
- Lodging and Meals before and after your trip
- Guide Gratuities – our crew is exceptional, and our guests routinely ask us about gratuities. 20% is typical for excellent service.
- Extra Beverages – we provide wine with dinner and about 2 canned beverages- beer and pop – per person per day. You can purchase extra beverages, wine or booze in Salmon, or at North Fork Store (we stop here during the morning bus ride to the launch point).
- Souvenirs, etc. – you’ll have a number of opportunities to purchase Idaho memorabilia before, during and after your trip.